Monday, May 30, 2011

I *Heart* Bitchin Kitchen!!!

Yes, this is an endorsement. I'm sitting at home watching (U.S.) Cooking Channel--honestly, I can't even remember what show I'm watching--but on comes this commercial for "Bitchin' Kitchen". The commercial peaked my interest--Nadia G has this way of combining the best flavors in a way that you would never think of. I've been hooked ever since she said "Pink Grapefruit Meringue Pies". *sigh* just saying them I hear this heavenly sound in my head.

I printed out the recipe and promised myself I would try to make it. The recipe was pasted to my fridge for a couple of weeks...

After watching the "Recession Recipes" episode (of which I loved loved loved all the recipes), it was almost 8pm and I hadn't made any dinner yet. So I'm thinking... what do I have in my fridge and my pantry... and I'm thinking... this Nadia G's puttanesca recipe is perfect! I grab some new anchovies from the corner store which happened to have been rolled with capers:o/ but no worries! I work with what I got... I made enough pasta and sauce for myself and I had wanted to save half of it for lunch the next day but it was just so good I had to eat it all!!

Luckily, a few days later I had planned on making some yummy treats for my co-worker friend's birthday. I said what a perfect opportunity to make the Meringue pies.

Here are pictures and links as promised:

Note: I made my "meringue pies" in a cupcake form--that way I could make more to share:)



Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
Grapefruit Meringue Pies

No comments: