Friday, September 12, 2008

Torta con Chile Verde


Hahaha... no. I didn't make 'em... I was cravin tortas!!! The kind I'm talking about is a mexican sandwich. It comes on a mexican bread roll and it's stuffed with your choice of meat, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese (that's what mine came with). I went to Alejandro's Taqueria (Sacramento)...

Lunch was yummy. I had my torta stuffed with chicken and green chiles. I don't go to Alejandro's enough to know if this always happens but... there was something about the guac--it had this horseradish-y kick to it. If you like avocado (like I do) it was delicious. I'm licking my lips jus thinking bout it ;o) haha!
P.S. Does anyone know why that would be? what would give guacamole a horseradish-type of spicy taste to it? (and no, I really don't think it would actually be horseradish mixed in to the guac... or could it be?!)

But after that meal, I was pretty stuffed and I was falling asleep at my computer, (almost) regretting the fact that I got a horchata with my torta instead of opting to grab an ice coffee on my way back to the office. :)

Have a great weekend! Go exploring and leave me comments about your eating experiences!

Credits: The picture of a "typical torta" was ripped off of Wikipedia. [I'm crediting Wikipedia... ahaha!]

No comments: