Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shrimp Omelette with a side of Blueberry Pancakes



Sunday brunch is and has always been my favorite meal. I think it may have something to do with how my mama always made yummy things like eggs benedict for special occasion breakfasts, or tio's frittata. I make all sorts of breakfast-brunch combos... this one in particular just came to me.

The Blueberry Pancakes were nothing special--that's why they're considered a side dish (haha). Tio, look the other way... I'll admit it, I wasn't giving my full attention to the pancakes which is why i used Bisquick and added some frozen blueberries.

Onwards to the Shrimp Omelette... again with the leftovers from the Seafood Gumbo (I made last week). Play close attention to the way I stacked this omelette, don't make me go in to the sandwich stacking theory again...

Shrimp Omelette

2 or 3 eggs
sliced scallions
(already) cooked shrimp--no need to preheat
cheese (I used sliced Chipotle cheddar--yum!)
diced green bell peppers
diced onions
salsa (of the jarred variety, I like Southwest salsa)
First, fry up the onions and bell peppers on a hot skillet, then remove from pan, place on a plate and set aside. Put new oil on the pan. Scramble the eggs and add the scallions before pouring it onto the pan. Here's the stack order from bottom to top: 1) cheese, 2) shrimp, 3) onions and bell peppers, 4) salsa. Then, close it up and serve.

No comments: