Sunday, July 13, 2008

We're feasting tonite...



Menu:
Pork Chops with Cornbread stuffing
Twice Baked Potatoes
Green Beans

Baskin Robbin's Ice Cream Cake
S'mores (no s'moresmaker needed)

Emeril's Andouille Stuffed Double-cut Pork Chops
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-live/andouille-stuffed-double-cut-pork-chops-recipe/index.html

Here's the base of the pork chops recipe. This was my second time using this recipe--maybe third. Instead of using andouille sausage I used the mild sausage (from Nugget Market) and added some crushed red pepper to give it a lil kick. For the cornbread part of the stuffing, I used Rosemary Sage Cornbread Stuffing Mix by Our Pantry Organics (so yum!). Also, I like to add more veggies in the stuffing such as chopped carrots and whatever else I think might taste good (and whatever else you can grab out of the fridge.)

Other than that, you can pretty much stick to the recipe on the porkchops. The only mystery-slash-kink that I haven't worked out yet is that the I always end up making way too much stuffing for the 2-4 porkchops that I am stuffing. Maybe I need bigger chops... :oT Hmmm... I'll figure it out by the fourth or fifth time. *wink*

And last but not least... the Twice Baked Potatoes were jus as much a star of the meal as the pork chops. It was my first time ever making them... and sadly I didn't have my (new) pastry bag to make it pretty but it still turned out lovely!! I used the recipe in the America's Test Kitchen Cookbook. Specifically, I put gruyere cheese in there and I used their homemade buttermilk recipe (and made it lemony) so the potatoes had an extra lemony flavor to it.

[will add the recipe later... till then, please enjoy the food photography:o)]

No comments: