Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Beer Braised Shrimp with Louisiana Salsa and Rice


This may be in too close imitation of Miss Rachael Ray... but here goes... I had 30 minutes to make dinner and I had s'more shrimp in the fridge... And it just so happens that the other day I was watching Food Network and in this episode of "30-Minute Meals", Ms. Ray makes Beer Braised Shrimp with Louisiana Salsa and Rice--Granted I only saw the salsa and the rice part... but it sure caught my attention. That's the whole meal!

Here's the recipe: (use the link... then you can print it out easier!)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/beer-braised-shrimp-with-louisiana-salsa-and-rice-recipe/index.html


Maybe I have to watch the episode again because I'm still figuring out which beer would make the best to cook with... Also, don't be shy with the lime juice--it's all you need to make the salsa's dressing. The rice is good too! It's like a reallllllllly easy pilaf.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good going jackie, uncle tim