Monday, November 24, 2008

Zinnia's Sweet Breads


Look at me! I'm refining my palette--Thanks Po! ;o) So this past weekend I went to this pretty FAB restaurant called Zinnia's in SF. Besides the mushroom risotto--that was totally creamier than I would ever make it--and the delicious black cod I had, I tried me some Sweetbreads.

Zinnia's sears the Sweetbreads with bacon and sherry vinegar, served with haricot verts (like green beans) and toast. Still wondering what a sweetbread is... the thyroid glands or the pancreas of lamb, beef, or pork. It jus goes to show, that even though your first instinct is "Oh, that sounds gross." But when I tried it, it was really good--it just melts in your mouth and the meat is so delicate almost. You almost forget what you're eating! Try it... it's like green eggs and ham!;o)

No comments: