Thursday, July 31, 2008

Easy Pork Chop Recipe

I'm not sure how i came up with it... but I thought I'd change it up a little and do something different with the pork chops--I took a look in my fridge and I had some organic rosemary that I wanted to use before it goes bad. I think what I did here was combine a couple of recipes I found and made a rub for the porkchops.

Pork Chops w/Rosemary and Thyme
For the Rub:
(I only make about two pork chops at a time--so adjust to what you're making)

1 or 2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary--I used fresh but I bet dried would work just as well)
1/4 tsp Thyme
lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
Chili pepper (ground)
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
salt and pepper

Mix the ingredients in a separate bowl and rub on the pork chops. If you have time, you can always cover with saran wrap and put in the fridge for about 1-2 hrs to give it a good marinade. Otherwise, heat up some oil and go straight to browning. You can always finish it off in a 350- degree oven.

No comments: