Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dinner Party Tonight: Success!!

On the Menu:
Appetizers: Whole Wheat Pita Chips and Nugget Market's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Entrees:
Broiled Miso Salmon
Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms
Asparagus with garlic

Dessert: Ikeda's Cherry Cobbler topped with Cool whip;o)

I'd like to thank my three lovely guests (please... no pictures!) -slash- taste testers who joined me tonight for dinner. I'll admit it's been a while since I made Miso salmon--in case you're wondering how that works: it's miso paste mixed in to the marinade, I used the light kind. The way I remember doing it was on the BBQ.
This time I used Ming Tsai's recipe for Broiled Miso-Citrus Salmon. Mine came out much milder than I remember(versus the BBQ miso salmon my mommy makes). I think I may have made the marinade too liquid-y... like maybe I should have made it close to a spread-like consistency. The risotto was tricky because maybe if I spent more time on it I would have been able to serve it hot and it wouldn't have gotten so coagulated. Otherwise, I'm happy with the combination of the meal--the risotto could have easily been replaced with steamed rice, but that seemed too boring. The salmon was cooked well, pink and soft/tender enough to be eaten with a fork and you didn't really need a knife. I made about 1 1/2 of the 3 lbs (hope you don't mind salmon next week too, K!) and it was jus enough for the four of us.

Ikeda Market's Cherry Cobbler (from Davis--thanks Kris!) was delicious! And the cool whip was a nice touch! (thanks JK!)

No comments: